4 Reasons to Invest in Cosmetic Dentistry
Many people believe that cosmetic dentistry is a luxury they can't afford. They may believe that cosmetic dentistry isn't worth the investment because it only affects their appearance and not their oral health.
Dental professionals know that cosmetic dentistry is more than what you see on the surface. While it's true that cosmetic procedures improve your appearance, they have so much more to offer.
1. Better Oral Health
Missing teeth can cause severe oral health problems. Your other teeth may shift out of place and become misaligned. Misaligned teeth are challenging to keep clean, leading to tooth decay and gum disease. Food and plaque may collect in the gaps between teeth, causing bad breath and further contributing to tooth decay.
2. Preserve Natural Teeth
Crowns can help maintain your natural tooth and its root system while enhancing your appearance. A dental crown is like a cap that fits over a prepared tooth, saving decayed or broken teeth. Crowns also cover discoloration or other aesthetic problems.
3. More Opportunities
Your smile is worth more than you know. People with brighter smiles often receive more personal and professional opportunities. You may appear more relaxed, optimistic, and competent, attracting job opportunities and new relationships.
4. Improved Self-Confidence
If you have damaged or discolored teeth, you may be shy about showing them publicly. People with missing or damaged teeth often cover their smiles or close their lips. When you can smile without worry, your confidence will rise, and you will feel better about your appearance.
The Difference Between Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry
The difference between the two branches is that cosmetic dentistry primarily improves appearance, while restorative dentistry improves oral health and function.
You may notice that many procedures overlap between cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Restorations like crowns, bridges, and implants have functional and aesthetic benefits.
A Guide to Cosmetic Dental Procedures
We offer the following cosmetic treatments. Many of these treatments also have functional benefits.
- Teeth Whitening: We provide safe, professional teeth whitening to brighten your smile. We can provide in-office or chairside whitening to meet your needs.
- Invisalign: We can straighten your smile with comfortable, discreet, medical-grade plastic aligners. Invisalign is a great choice for adults and older teens who do not want to attract extra attention to their teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns can restore chewing function and improve appearance. They cover discolored, broken, or decayed teeth.
- Veneers: Thin sheets of porcelain provide an attractive alternative to teeth whitening. They are long-lasting and stain-resistant.
- Bridges: Missing teeth can cause you to feel less confident about your appearance. Bridges replace a few teeth at a time and look natural. We provide both traditional and implant-supported bridges.
- Dentures: If you are missing many teeth, traditional or implant-supported dentures can improve your appearance. Traditional dentures can transform your smile economically and in just a few months.
- Dental Implants: Implants provide significant cosmetic and functional improvement. A dental implant helps to keep your jaw healthy, maintaining a youthful facial appearance while creating an aesthetically pleasing smile.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cosmetic Dentistry
How do dental veneers work?
Dental veneers are wafer-thin sheets of porcelain that your dentist cements on tooth surfaces that show when you smile. They are custom-made for your teeth, precisely matching the shade you want.
Veneers can replace multiple cosmetic procedures, making them an economical choice. They can correct the appearance of misshapen, discolored, or slightly crooked teeth.
What is the process of teeth whitening like?
In-office teeth whitening is a comfortable procedure that takes only one or two visits. The dentist covers your gums with a protective gel, applies a peroxide whitening solution, and allows it to activate. The gel typically stays on for about 15 minutes per application, and the dentist may apply the gel a few times in one appointment. You will see dramatic results.
At-home whitening is more gradual but just as effective as in-office whitening. You will see a progressive change in your smile over a few weeks.
Call College Street Smiles
If you have a cosmetic problem with your teeth, you already know how it makes you feel about yourself. You deserve a healthy, vibrant smile that looks and feels natural.
We can show you a range of effective cosmetic procedures for every budget. Please call our Dickson, TN, office at 615-446-7878 to schedule a consultation today.